Sunday, May 30, 2010

Let's Celebrate!!

Today is Aspen's 10th Birthday.


I can't believe that it has been a decade since she was born. We had a lot of fun today. It was a great day for a birthday even though it was Sunday. The night before my kids have a birthday, I clean off the kitchen table and set out their presents for them to see when they wake up. I hang streamers in their doorway, blow up balloons and get ready for the big day. The kids love to wake up in the morning to see their birthday surprise! Aspen said that she (for 1 minute) forgot about her birthday, until she saw the streamers in her doorway. Usually I do crepe paper streamers, but ironically, one of her presents were ribbons streams that I had bought so she could decorate her new bedroom. I decided to hang them up instead. She really likes them. They remind me of the 70's.


She was so excited to open up her presents, but we made her wait til 9 am. Torture! Her big present was a new camera. I think she will love it and get a lot of use out of it. I can't wait to see all the fabulous pictures that she will take. Today we went to church and relaxed the rest of the day. It was her request to have steak for lunch and chocolate cake for dessert. We usually take the family out to dinner on their birthday, but since it is a Sunday, she choose to go out on Friday. Panda Express was where she wanted to go. Orange chicken.



Aspen has been a lot of fun to have around for the last 10 years. She has kept me on my toes. She loves to eat spaghetti and Chinese food. She likes school but doesn't like math. She loves to go shopping. Michaels, Justice, Claire's and Dollar Tree are her favorite places to shop. Right now she is having a "Cherry" fetish. She likes anything that has cherries on it...even real cherries. Her favorite color is orange. She wants to decorate her new bedroom in Orange. Orange it will be! She is taking piano lessons right now, but the question is...does she enjoy it? She is learning to sew. She is making her school teacher, who is expecting, a pink rag quilt.




We also celebrated Gil's big day today! Gil is 5 month old today.
Aspen helped me take pictures of him with her new camera.

  • Gil is turning over from his tummy to his back. We had to stay so close when we were taking this picture so he didn't roll off.
  • His neck and legs are getting stronger.
  • I get soaked when he takes a bath because he splashes so much.
  • He loves it when people talk to him.
  • He is starting to reach for objects.
  • Still sleeping through the night!!!!

3 comments:

Aspen said...

clap for me because I taught him to roll over.

Jueneta said...

I will clap for you Aspen. Aspen is such a cute girl and I am glad she got her camera.

Shaylee's Sunshine said...

clap!!! clap!!! clap!!! aspen i am glad you got your camera and that Gill can roll over. BYE!!!